• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Cockpit Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waydown2low

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a Skybolt, the only problem is that I am a healthy ladd! I am 6' 285 with football player build, I know none of the aerobatic planes are roomy for larger people but a Skybolt seems to be the best choice. I have done a cg figure on a perspective bolt that I have found. With me and half fuel or better I am with CG Range for acro, and still ok for cross country with vfr min fuel.

I fly a Great Lakes from time to time and it has plenty of room once I am in the port hole ( would be nice to have more distance for pedals.) Would there be anyone within a hour or two flight from central Oklahoma that I could come and try one on before I get to excited about buying one and also possibly look over weight and balance. Anybody else here flying a Bolt with the same larger proprtions as myself.

Thank,

Mike

Latest posts

Back