• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Compatibility of EV-400 with T-88

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete_d

Reaction score
I am building center section (Inboard) ribs for a Skybolt D. I have coated the internal portion with EV-400 epoxy varnish. As you can see I have masked off the panels that will glue onto the ribs, but have gotten a small amount of varnish into the masked areas of the outer plate. I plan to rough it up slightly before gluing, but first, are there any compatibility issues with EV-400/410 and T-88 glue I am using? I dont suspect there is a problem as the area is small and I dont think will affect the glue surface, but definitely curious.

As you D and radial builders know, this rib will be an enclosed section, but for another question, how many coats of varnish are necessary for the internal areas of the rib? I had only planned one.

Attachments

• Inboard Rib Varnish EV-400- .jpg
    Inboard Rib Varnish EV-400- .jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 59

Latest posts

Back