• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Control Stick Throw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbibbey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanna ask the forum before I do too much head scratching. After completing (nearly) my torque tube assembly, I am wondering how much stick throw anyone else has in the pitch direction. As an exact plans build, no substitutions of tube sizes, I have +/- 18deg of throw available. I could coax out another degree with some boot massaging. I can see that the mechanical advantage of the reverser puts a little more pushrod throw with the shorter pivot arm, Appx 4” stick pivot arm and 3” reverser arm. Plans call for +/-25deg of elevator travel.

Just curious if anyone can put an inclinometer (or iPhone has a pretty slick LEVEL function on their Measure app) on their stick for comparison. No need to level your ship, just a total movement range would suffice. Thanks in advance!!

Latest posts

Back