• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Convert Starduster 2 to Acroduster 2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willy

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this forum and found lots of very interesting information for a Biplane newbie like me. I am 40, own a Hawk XP on floats along with an Ultravia Pelican that I just finished and has floats and wheel skis. I have a bit over 1000hrs in the last 20 or so years. I am looking for my next project and found that it would be very interesting doing some acro… So I started looking for project for sale and first thought about Christen Eagle as I really like this plane for its look and capability but there is not much of them for sale as project. So I started looking for Skybolt which seem to have more project for sale but came across lots of Stolp Starduster too projects for sale at decent price. I also know that the basic Starduster too is not meant for serious Acro so I was wondering if there was an easy way of converting a Starduster too into an Acroduster too? Anyone here done it before or know of anyone that has done it? I would like to know if it is feasible and what’s involved, again it would not be starting from a flying plane but from project with rolling fuselage but not covered or finished wings.

Thanks.

Eric.

Latest posts

Back