• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Converting a Military Flying Helmet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I recently came into possession of a Gentex HGU-55 military flying helmet.

20100611_133710_HGU-55.jpg

I am thinking of different options and wonder if anyone has done a conversion before. I know I'll need to change the speakers to 300u form the military 19u. I'll need to add a boom and mike and I want a quick disconnect (bail-out) connection on the main cable.

I am also interested in installing a CEP.

20100611_133741_CEP.jpg

I think I could just use the CEP for audio and not bother changing out the speakers, although they are pretty cheap ($50). Might do both.

If you've done any conversions, are there any "gotchas" to look out for? Would I be able to reuse the existing cross-over cable between the speakers with the new 300u speakers installed?

Thanks and best regards,

BradEdited by: SATCFI

Latest posts

Back