• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Cove Strips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtail

Reaction score
I'm building a Pitts S1C from Steen Aero Lab plans. I am working on wing assembly now. The print shows four parts located behind the rear spar called cove strips. There dimensins are 9/16" x 1 1/8" by different lengths. The shortest is about 6" and the longest is just over 20". I do not know what these are for or how they are installed because there is no cross section view on the drawings. I have the old Curtis plans and they are not shown there.
Can anyone explaine to me what these are for.
When I call Steen Aero I get someone who can't answwer the questionand they never return my phone calls or e-mails.

Thanks
Matt

Latest posts

Back