• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Custom Windshields

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Lund

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

My Starduster SA-300 has equal height, small bubble-type windshields front and rear. I love the looks of these lower profile shields, but I do have a bit of a wind issue in the rear cockpit. I am considering putting a taller profile shield in the back, but I would like to keep the same general shape of the existing shield, and also use the existing attachment hardware.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good custom fabricator that could use my existing shield as a mold for a new, taller profile shield? Can this be done without damaging the existing shield?

Thanks All.

Edited by: William Lund

Latest posts

Back