• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Cylinder Selection Advice and other stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gents and ladys just looking for some advice. I bought Acrosport 2 N30803 back in the spring. Been working on some issues, but discovered a couple of weeks ago that I have 3 cracked cylinders. So I have decided to rebuild the O320 for my winter project. It is a 1957 narrowdeck engine from lycoming so the superior cylinders will not work on the case according to superior. So it sounds like I only have 2 other options, the Titan cylinders or the lycoming OEM. I know that Titan had some issues a few years back but have heard they have improved their QC. The price is much better then OEM or the Millenniums, but I will replace all 4. I plan on sending all the casees (case and acces case) and sump to Divco and the cam and crank to Rick Romans in Tulsa. I have a very experienced iA mechanic to assist and guide so I have that covered but just seeing what the opinions are out there. Additionally, will be adding a mechanical fuel pump, a regular boat anchor starter and a metal 74 56 sensich prop and alternator vs. the wood prop, and skytec light weight starter that was on due to aft CG weight and balance issues. I also have a Christen oil system to put on but not sure if thats worth it or not since I have a regular carb. I do have a pressurized carb that would need rebuilt but not sure its worth the expense or headache of setting it up. i am all ears for opinions and guidance!

IMG_0369.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back