• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Dave's cheap sheetmetal brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lakeracer69

Registered Users
Reaction score
Has anyone built one of these? I need to bend up some .025 6061T6 sheet for longish parts. I have a plan to use 4 X 4 X .250 angles for the brake parts. I want to make it around 9 feet long. It looks like he used aluminum MS hinge on his.

I was looking at continuous hinge online and was wondering what size to use. I'm thinking of something steel with a 3/16 pin diameter. Is that overkill? I know even thin stuff is hard to bend without deflection when it's long.

Here is a URL of his brake http://www.biplaneforum.com/pdfs/brakeplans.pdf

Latest posts

Back