• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Deck angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I considered slightly misdirecting Redtail's, "Tail Height" thread but I decided to post new.
A two part question -

#1) My deck angle is 14 degrees. Looks OK but, at 72 yrs. it's a little difficult to exit :) A reply to Redtails's delima was, "it should be around 12.5 degrees". I have a Haigh tailwheel. What are your thoughts on putting a slight bend in the stinger to raise the deck angle a little? If acceptable how much do I dare go for and what would be the best location for this bend?

I have considered a spacer under the tail post, along the lines of sliding a tube inside the tail post and rosette welding it in and moving the mounting bracket down. Not sure how stable that would be . . . . or what it would look like . . .

And #2) Anyone have a source for the return spring as used on the Haigh ?
Thank you

P.S. We are discussing an AcroSport 1

Latest posts

Back