• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Drag/anti-drag rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerofan

Acrosport 2 Builder
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am about to order my drag/anti-drag rods. I am aware that some people make their own. Although I have a lathe and can thread I don't think i know enough about the problem to do it myself and I don't want to worry about them failing.

When I started requestig quotes in October I was shocked at how expensive they can be. My first quote was over $800.00 for the two rods in the center section.

Steenaero is having a sale this month. I am ordering a complete set for just over $3200.00.

Here is what I have learned. The more you buy the cheaper they are. If you need 10 or more of the same type the cost can be under $100.00 per rod compaired to an order of less than 10 which can be $160.00 or more per rod.

I think if multiple builders coordinated their orders there is the possibility of saving large amounts of money.

I would like to hear from others what it cost for a complete set of drag/anti-drag rods and where they bought from.

Best,

David

Latest posts

Back