• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Eagle gurus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was kicking around using a parallel valve io 360 with whirlwind prop. The 360 with higher compression Pistons would get me to about 195hp based on a few engine builders I have talked to at snf. The advantage is 25plus pounds lighter then the angle valve for only 5-10 hp less. With the prop you may be 50lb off the nose which is substantial weight savings and seems to me would be better than the hp difference. I know the Eagles CG sensitivity. I am using the stinger tail spring and Api tail wheel which should be about 2lb off the tail to the good. I cut out the battery tray behind the seat and moving to firewall with lightweight battery. Lightweight starter and alt. I tried using Cameron's W and B spreadsheet with some of the other Eagles data that I thought was close to mine and if I were doing the W and B correct, I only had a one inch movement on the cg but still better than some of the Eagles that people posted. That is a big IF for me doing the W and B correct! Just wondering if anybody thought about this approach? Thanks,
Cary

Latest posts

Back