• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fail to Plan; Plan to fail....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Zetterberg

Registered Users
Reaction score
Fellow AcroSport II aficionados...

As with any endeavor, failing to plan is planning to fail...
rolleyes.gif

As I embark on the sojourn building an AcroSport II, I am putting together a time and cost plan for this endeavor. This has brought up a few queries for which I seek advice;

1A - General Materials Costs - I am basing this projection on the material kits available from Aircraft Spruce...

1B - Covering - I have no idea yet what this number should be...

2 - Avionics/Instrumentation - iEFIS from MSL (~$6k) and misc - budgeted at about $10K

3 - Engine/Prop - This cost is a pretty big variable. I have noted that many ASIIs use an 180HP .. Is the 180hp recommended if the use will be light aerobatics and general cross country & poking holes in the sky with two occupants?
confused.gif
. I have read many threads dealing with the Prop issue. Any general recommendations/comments for engine/prop combos with the above use expectations?

4 - Misc - A myriad of factors I have yet to factor in..this includes equipment purchases, tools, farmed out work costs, etc.
rolleyes.gif

5 - Time - with a goal of three years, I anticipate 2 hours/day with ave 6 hrs on weekends (1872 hrs/wkends and 1560 hrs/weekdays = ~3500 hrs.)

6 - Total $$ - this number is yet to be projected...
rolleyes.gif

Comments - candid, brutal, or otherwise - I am all ears....
cool.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back