• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fighter Hangar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDTOO

Reaction score
Wanted to share a few pics of a fantastic day yesterday. I haven't been actively flying for 15 years now so I got set up with Warren Pietsch in Minot, ND to give me some dual and get me prepared to start flying the Duster some day. We spent some time in a Luscombe and I realized I have allot of rust to chip away at :eek:.

After we were done flying I spent the rest of the afternoon in somewhat of a dream world. Warren is involved with the Texas Flying Legends museum http://www.texasflyinglegends.org/ and they were busy doing annuals/maintenance on the planes which they bring up to Minot, from Texas, for a couple months. I got to hang out, watch them run up and fly the Corsair and Mustang and then helped move some of them around to and from the museum to the maintenance hanger. What a day to be around all that fantastic history. I never would have thought there would be something like that going on in Minot, ND!

Note in the second to last pic, the Starduster TOO hanging above the TBM. This was his dad, Alfred's, plane. He flew it all over the country in airshows. The subject of aileron size came up in another thread. I asked Warren and he said the ailerons were lengthened one bay inboard and outboard.

If any of you ever get up this way it is well worth the time to stop in. There are two Mustangs, a Corsair, P-40, Wildcat, TBM, B-25, and the Zero.

P6090058 (1024x768).jpg

P6090085 (1024x768).jpg

P6090091 (1024x768).jpg

P6090105 (1024x768).jpg

P6090093 (1024x768).jpg

P6090050 (1024x768).jpg

Latest posts

Back