• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Finishing Someone Elses Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about purchasing someone else's 95% ready for cover project, but after speaking to a local DAR about certification of it, I'm not so sure. I was totally unaware that I wouldn't be able to pay for someone to do the cover and paint and, having never done that before, I 'd be hesitant to do it myself. Some other gotchas are a thorough build log and photos. The most recent log entry in the builders log is "ready for cover." but since I'm not the builder, I was unsure if I needed to have it "reinspected" prior to cover. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had experience with finishing someone else's project. What about the type of trailer I'd need to get it the 200 miles from its current location to my place.

thanks and best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back