• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

First Milestone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

Just wanted to share a big milestone. I have finished that glueing/fitting/frame of the Delta Centre Section. All metalwork done, painted and fitted, all timber work (minus the grab rail) is done. I have the leading edge so will fit but not glue that in, then fit the top two outer pieces of ply and stop until I get to fit it to the fuse in the future. As I built this from scratch it has taken me about 120 hours. All from hand crafted metal and timber. Next time I will plasma cut. It was a good place to start and to learn how to build and start with metal and woodwork.

Its my first main part! Next stop - wing ribs.

PS I do have missing corner blocking on the centre leading rib. Oh and the cut outs took me too long. I gave up and will deal with the weight!

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

Latest posts

Back