• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

First Time Builder - Many Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhallon

Reaction score

Hello,
This is my first time to the forum. I have spent the last month or so searching for airplanes and the Skybolt is the winner. It's a biplane, affordable, tandem, can perform aerobatics , can do "moderate" XC (I was looking at no more then 200nm skips) and from what I've read people seem to really like them. I've got a ride in local Skybolt Standard this weekend.
If all goes well, I plan to purchase an already fullyassembledmetal frame (which I think is universal between the Standard and Delta ). But before I go through with it, I have a "few" questions.

I'd like a copy of the POH and I can't seem to find one. Anyone have a link?
I'm thinking of the Skybolt Delta,specificallyfor the wing design. How much different does it perform from its standard brother?
Picking the engine: The primary mission of this aircraft is aerobatics. I need something that can handle -g's and invertedmaneuverswith ease. I'm a big fan of radial engines. Besides the M14 Russian, are there alternatives that will fit to a Standardair frame,specificallyones which have the US standard right rotation? I'm also considering a Lycoming<str&#111;ng style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Humanist, Helvetica, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">AEIO-540-D4A5. As for price, I'm not looking to drop more then 60k on a brand new engine.[/b]
Please offer any advice you think is good. Thank you very much. Sorry the post was a little long!

Edited by: Jwhallon

Latest posts

Back