• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Flew a Pitts today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
All right guys, so finally as of today I'm a Pitts pilot! Been down here in Florida twice now since the beginning of the month for reasons I'll be announcing shortly. This morning I got up with Steve Wolf in his B. I've always heard you guys say nothing flies like a Pitts, but I've flown some decent aircraft. The new decathlon, extra 300, acrosports, a skybolt....... I figured after flying the extra I was ruint from anything else........ Well screw that thing! Man did that Pitts fly nice! I flew from the back and went up and ripped it up. We climbed up to the practice area and I cranked some turns for the trip up hill. And Steve had me do some looping and rolling maneuvers. Threw in a few hammers and humptys for him which he then gave me some pointers on. I love how the Pitts tells you when to kick with the ailerons! It's kind of a guessing game in the extra! The rudder was a bit sensitive to me as the travel is so short at the pedals, just something to get used to. Then Steve demonstrated an outstanding torque roll into tail slide which he giggled at and said "that was a good one!" He also demonstrated a few different tumbling maneuvers. Then he talked me through a spiraling tower into inverted flat spin which was cool and pretty easy to pull off. Did a few more flip flops and headed back to the airport to get to work. Pulled off a nice tight slipping approach and except for a little bounce I found landing that thing pretty uneventful. Everyone is correct, it does exactly what you tell it to. I told it to behave it self and it listened to me. Said i was ready to solo it.....Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1422056804.437561.jpg

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1422056819.480783.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back