• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Flop tube replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, during my annual I decided it was time to pull the flop tube out it been 6 years since I have seen It last it’s atleast 10-12 years old. I bought a new one from ACS. When I pulled it out it’s just as nice as the last day I saw it. The insides look great and it pressure tested well. It has more flex than the new flop tube I bought. The other thing is it has an aluminum clunk rather than brass. At this point I seriously debating just putting it back in.... I can’t salvage the aluminum clunk unless I get a custom AE701 hose with two brass NPT fittings. If I knew where to even get that hose and fittings made... what to do what to do? I can make a hose with reusable fittings from Summit racing as well.

IMG_1106.jpg

Latest posts

Back