• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Flying an S1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Hi all

I am in the process of building a Raven 2XS, the build process wasnt going to plan (18 month old daughter, family commitments) so purchased an S1-D (180hp) out of the US. Its on the way here to Australia and will be here in early October.

I have a bit of time on a few Aero Aircraft including S2C, S2A, Extra, Yak 52/55etc and the only fixed pitch I have flown has been Citabria and Chipmunk. I am not sure how the S1 is going to fly, given it is a PittsIassume it will be awesome.

Can anyone give me any pointers, tricks or any information I should be across to make sure I dont overspeed etc. Should I just run full power and mixture and not worry about backing the throttle off? I have heard that hammerheadsarea little different, not sure why.

It is a D but will order a wing kit from Raven to put S wings on it, not sure if the flat bottom wings will make too much of a difference.

Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back