• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Flying on the first day of the year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saber25

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is how we entered 2016 with a combination EAA, AMA and United States Parachute Association enthusiasts.

We started out with 14F and 25kt winds with crystal clear skies this morning. Our group huddled around a propane heater outside at the RC field while waiting for our drop time. By 12:15 we are airborne with decreasing winds and slightly better temps. Fortunately the chute opened and my RV4 smoke drew a good line with a clear blue background. After my last pass four more jumpers landed and finished off the hot chili that was awaiting us. I ended up with Mary's rum cake and luke warm coffee. I heard 'em say, oh heck let 'em eat cake so I did. Those guys that jump out of perfectly good planes are a breed to themselves :)

I went back to the hangar, retrieved my Pitts and made several passes while the RC guys pretended to be in control. All in all a great way to start the year.

https://youtu.be/hJKnkKIj3ho

Cheers, Hans

Latest posts

Back