• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

FNG From South Carolina!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Reaction score
Hey guys! First I want to say thank you all for some of the incredible amounts of information on this board! I also want to thank you all in advance for letting me absorb as much knowledge from you guys as possible. I can't wait to start learning.

A little about me... I am a Marine Staff Sergeant about to get out and start expanding my Auto Glass business here in Bluffton, South Carolina. I am actually in the beginning process of building a Van's RV-8. I am about half way done the empennage kit that I got last friday. Now,... I wouldn't normally be here if I was only building the RV.

SO,... you know when you meet some really incredible people from these communities. I mean the kind of people who are just nice, genuine guys and gals? Well, I met a fellow outside of Tallahassee a few days ago that is one of those guys. He actually has a Smith Miniplane in his hanger along with another large biplane and a new RV-8. I am thinking of acquiring the Smith but am not sure how good of a deal it is. I asked him about it, and he said to make him an offer and he'll think about it. Well, the plane is in pieces, no motor brake calipers, brake lines, and missing a few gauges. The rest of the plane looks really good. Just need to put it back together and get a new motor for it. What do you guys think it's worth?

Anyway, I got off on kind of a different topic there that I'll post in the smith forums. I am glad to be a part of this community and really cant wait to chat with ya'll. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back