• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Footloose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi folks , I'm not totally new to the forum but I've been following for a couple of years now and I'm really impressed with the knowledge that you folks make available . I was very active , building and flying , back in the mid 1970s and early 1980s . Unfortunately work duties , family , and of course , finances had other ideas . The mid life Jitters and a divorce pretty much wiped out all connections with Aviation . Found an antidote , Retirement . Airplanes are like the ringing in your ears , it aint going away . The wild idea of another project has been really messin with my sleep habits , so here it is . I had a Smith Miniplane that I never got to fly but was close to flying when all hell broke loose . I just figured out that the Smith has been deregistered and the N 171K numbers were reissued . My post here is to see if anyone on here knows the whereabouts of it . I'm trying to post pics. If so please fire back at me . I would like to have it back . And Thanx to all on the Forum . You folks are great and I look forward to following .

Attachments

• Photo2793.jpg
    Photo2793.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Photo2786.jpg
    Photo2786.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Photo2787.jpg
    Photo2787.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Photo2788.jpg
    Photo2788.jpg