• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Frenchy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hy everyone,

I'm living in France, near Cognac.
I am a former fighter pilot, and I'm now working for a French aircraft manufacturer.
I am designing an Utralight racer but my real dream is to fly a competitive biplane.
This aircraft must match the french Ultralight aircraft requirements :
- empty weight : 630 lbs for a dual seater or 450 lbs single seater
- MTOW : 990 lbs dual seater and 660 lbs single seater
- Vso = 65 km/h or 40 mph or 35 kt
- Max engine power is 75 kw (102 hp) for a dual seater or 65 kw (81 hp) single seater.

I would prefer a single seater and I want it to cruise at 100 mph minimum.

It seems the ragwing mini Pitts could be illegible in French ULM category.
I need your help to select the good aircraft and then to find the plans to build it.

TheMoaï

Latest posts

Back