• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Front/rear throttle connecting rod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithacb

Reaction score
I see from my last posts I might be overstaying my welcome, but I need help... So...

Front & rear throttle connecting rod, what is the correct tube to use? I'm having to replace mine as relocating rear throttle & have to fab a new rod.

I see from Beej's build log he has used 3/8 X 0.35 tube/rod. But what type? 4130, 5052... I just don't know the specifics of correct material.

So, sorry for clogging up the forum but any clarity on metal specifics for this & previous Q about cowling sheets would be dearly appreciated.

Thx

Latest posts

Back