• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuel Pump Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trident13184

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All,

I currently have an HIO-360 with the mechanical primary fuel pump and a Christen wobble pump as a back-up. When pumping the wobble pump, I can only get 7 PSI and when testing the flow out of the injectors, only 200 ml in 60 pumps - not the 1 gallon I should (on the pump face, it says 60 GPH fuel flow @15 PSI and 60 pumps per minute). Here's some background:

- I had a clogged injector - this prompted some pre/post cleaning flow tests.
- I have no experience with the Christen pump - that's because I did not build the plane - I bought it from an estate when the owner passed away
- There are only 110 hours on the engine/airframe, but I don't know the history of the components
- I do know that the output pressure of the Christen pump is adjustable, fron 5-25 PSI, but have no idea where on the pump there is an adjustment screw or similar (I've looked)
- My efforts to find an instruction manual on the pump have been futile
- No leaks
- If I can not find a solution, I'm going with an electric (probably an Airflow Performance)

Any help?

Latest posts

Back