• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuel system questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mighty cold here for the next 3 days so I thought I would spend some quality time in the house with you guys and get a couple irritating questions answered.

1) I needed to reduce a tubing size so I installed an AN894 flared tube reducer onto an AN816. It bottomed out without getting tight. I inserted a Del 37 degree seal into the reducer and tried again, same thing, bottomed out before getting tight. I ordered the correct fitting size so I am fine now but what was my problem in case I run into it again ?

2) I have a 3/8" I.D. clear tube for a fuel sight gauge in the cockpit. I ordered a Piper fuel float ball to insert into the tube to make the fuel level easier to read. There was no size listed on the float ball description so I just "assumed" it would work. It is .275 diameter, so small it goes right through my AN fittings. I will "assume" again that this is the only size this float comes in so the question, any suggestions on making my fuel level easier to read ? I have seen things like painting a 'barber pole' on the panel. Really don't have much room for that but as a last resort . . . .
Thank you,

Latest posts

Back