• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuel tank drain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpin

Reaction score
I know I brought this up before but it is now time to do something about it. Thought I would revisit the topic. I do not have a drain to check for water etc. at the low point in my main fuel tank. I believe the last time I brought this subject up I found that most people do have such a drain. There is a fitting at the low point and it would not be difficult to add a drain. This drain would be located in the front cockpit. Is this how other drains are situated. Most of my flying is done with the front cockpit open so access would not be a problem. Another question, what about the wing tank, do most have drains hear also? The only drain I have in the aircraft is located on the firewall and under the fuel valve. This is probably the low point in the system while in straight and level flight. While on the ground the low point is the aft end of the main fuel tank.

Latest posts

Back