• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuel vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryM

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting a strong fuel smell anytime I go inverted, even for a slow roll. It's been occurring since I got the plane this summer. I couldn't see anything obvious after landing. I have the tank out, and still nothing is obvious. Curious to know if this is somewhat normal, my Pitts never smelled. I have a fuel probe at the top of the tank with a cork gasket - could be a bit dry - again no signs of leaking. The tank vent is at the top coming out and vent straight down - no check valve, no tubing inside the tank or anything. Basically just a hole in the tank with a hose out.

All ideas would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas,
larry

Latest posts

Back