• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuselage: Standard or Stretched?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

Well it's been almost a whole year since I've joined this forum and I haven't been a very active member.

I promise I haven't been hiding under a log though. You see my wife gave birth to a baby boy on February 10th of 2009. His name is Joseph and he is our first child. What a blessing and what a life-changing event!! Then in May of last year my wife started a brand new career as a registered nurse. Yes, 2009 was a very busy year for us indeed.

Because of these events, my dreams of building a Skybolt were temporarily placed on hold. However I was able to produce one aircraft over a 7-month period. It was a P-51 pedal plane from Aviation Products. I'm sure most of you have seen these planes at airshows or advertised in magazines. At any rate, it will be some time before my boy can even reach the pedals!! I've attached a couple pics to show my project.

Ok, now for my Skybolt question. As I plan the build of the fuselage, I noticed in the "Problem Areas" of the manual that I can either build the plans version of the fuselage, or the 'stretched' version. This is interesting. Is anybody building the stretched version or are there any completed stretched fuses? Who designed it? Are their any gotchas that I need to be aware of when building the stretched fuse? Is it really that tight in the back hole of the Skybolt? I tried to use the search function but I didn't find any related topics. Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks much,
Scott

20100126_173704_IMG_0124_Small.JPG

Above is a pic of Joey at 6 months old seeing his airplane for the first time. Below is the completed project. Let's see.....toy airplane took 7 months to build and the Skybolt should take?????

20100126_174039_IMG_0211_Small.JPG

Latest posts

Back