• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Fuselage stations S1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Hey there,

Looking for a bit of info about the possible differences in fuselage stations at the cockpit instrument panel station and the firewall stations between the S1-S and S1-T. I have looked at a heap of pictures trying to ascertain the differences as in some it appears that the fuse side panels and hard against the fuse tubing, and on the T it appears that there are standoffs that are part of a wider instrument panel and then standoffs for screwing the fuse side panel to, therefore changing the shape of the fuse for a more flowing rear to front line.

I have a long fuse S1 project and I am looking to use a 180 parallel valve. The fuse is currently metalised from the back of the seat fwd. I would like to try clean up the lines of the fuselage so there is minimal tuck in behind the engine at the firewall and fwd cockpit station, but I don't want to go off on a tangent and butcher it or have it look weird, so if there are drawings or more info, that would be a great start. I understand there would be no drawings for the changes to the panels. I have considered drawing the fuse formers and new firewall shape up in fusion360, but if it has been done or the S1-T shape is the solution I could go with that. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have added 2 pics, showing the differences in the fuse side panel standoffs.

Cheers,

Russ.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back