• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Gascolator location question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanceav8r

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the pros and cons of locating the Gascolator forward of the firewall?

I had an engine failure in a Starduster that was likely due to vapor lock. I was hopping rides on a hot day. We were switching out the passengers while the engine was still running. About the third ride or so was I had a major power interruption while climbing on the down wind. We never found anything wrong and decided that vapor lock was a possibility.

I am building a DR107 and at the point where I need to locate the gascolator. It is an injected IO360.

My fuel routing is Tank-low pressure filter-shutoff valve-electric high pressure pump-gascolator-mechanical pump-injection system.

I would like to put the gascolator AFT of the firewall to keep it cool. Does anyone see any issues with that?

Latest posts

Back