• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

G'day from Canberra Australia.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigsaxon

Reaction score
Great forum you have going here. found it when I googled 'Pitts LSA', very informative thread. I recognise many of the guys here from the HBA forum. Nice to see that you have kept the advertising to a minimum and appropriate . I had at one stage considered building a replica YMF5 have all the original Waco drawings, an engine mount and ailerons, but a light weight pitts S1 is probably more achievable. Don't know whether you saw it but there was an S1c on ebay recently with extended wings and nose. I think the guy was in Savanah Georgia. Tried to contact the guy to find out what the weight and stall was but he never got back to me. I reckon with extended wings, basic instruments and something like a C85 with no starter you'd be getting close to LSA territory. If you were close you could rig the Ailerons to droop a little with back stick. Restored an old German glider that did that, a Schlieker ASK 7. Would out thermal almost anything you could get it so slow and tight. Lots of people seem to think that the light S1 pitts is a nice little airplane. I don't need 300 hp and smoke to burn holes in the sky. Anyway, looking forward to reading more.

Craig

Latest posts

Back