• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

getting started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottman22

Reaction score

I was introduced to biplanes about a year and half ago. I was hooked almost immediately, somewhere between the takeoff roll and and the first turn after takeoff. The first aerobatic maneuver we did, after a few dutch rolls, was a snap roll, I believe. After that I felt a stupid grin stretch across my face that keeps coming back anytime I think about biplanes, which is most of the time. So anyhow, here I am starting at the very beginning. pretty much zero tailwheel time, (soon to change). I can take this in any direction, but which way? With regards to which airplane to get into? I've flown in a 2T-1A and it was great! I haven't flown in a Pitts but watching them fly is unreal. after having flown in the great lakes I get that stupid grin anytime I see a Pitts fly by. Building a Pitts looks like a great adventure but I'm not sure I can wait that long. (side note: based on how the model airplanes I put together as a kid turned out, I'm not sure I'd want to fly anything I built!) Ok, Ok enough rambling here's where I'm going with this: Based on the prices of used airplanes, about the only thing I can afford is going to be less than $25,000. I'm looking for opinions about the pros and cons of single place vs. 2-place airplanes. more importantly, how can I justify to friends and family that: " sorry guys this thing only has one seat."
Edited by: scottman22

Latest posts

Back