• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Gone to the dark side - selling my S-1S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petersdj

Registered Users
Reaction score
After 2.5 years of the best flying I've done, and 2.5 years of back pain, I bought an Extra and am selling my Pitts (see classifieds).

I only have one very short acro flight in the Extra, but I pulled 6 G's in a loop without even noticing it. I haven't flown acro in 2-3 months and had I done that in my Pitts I would have grayed out for sure. It is surprising what a little seat decline will do. I never thought that a plane could react and move as fast as a Pitts, but the Extra is to my S-1S like the S-1S is to a SuperD. It's going to take a lot of gas for my brain to catch up.

The back pain and numb feet on cross countries to contests was just killing me. I ferried the Extra from FL to CO with no pain whatsoever.

I'm not sure if the Wolf Pitts declined the seat or put in more leg room, but if it did, I'd definitely look into it. Gonna miss the Pitts.

Dan

IMG_1201 (1).jpg

Latest posts

Back