• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

GPS Antenna Placement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlwynn

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently acquired a 1977 S1S. Just finished transition training and started flying it. What a gas. The transponder is not working well and I am near SFO so that is pretty important. I was going to go ahead and upgrade to a ADS-B transponder just to get it over with.

I have been looking around the airframe to try to figure out where to put the GPS antenna. The turtledeck is aluminum, so under it won't work. I suppose it could go on the front deck over the fuel tank, but that is under the upper wing fuel tank. I can't drill it into the upper fuel tank. Inside one of the wings would work except I would have to cut into the fabric. I am not seeing any really good alternatives. Has anyone else solved this problem?

Regards,

Michael Wynn
1977 S1-S
Livermore, CA

Latest posts

Back