• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Grüßle aus dem Vaterland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudflap Aviation

Mudflap Aviation
Reaction score
Guten tag, y'all,

I'm new to the Biplane forum, but not new to aviation. Started back in 1978, learning wing-building and fabric covering in Ponder, Texas. Got my airframe license and started Mudflap Aviation, which brought me into contact with wonderful and amazing, sometimes rather weird ;) antique airplane enthusiasts and pilots. We moved to Stuttgart, Germany, in 1991, but other than translating books and documents about early aviation, I had to give up the business to raise the kids. Now that that phase is nearly at an end, it's time to get back into building, restoring, and covering rag-wing aircraft. I've already clocked almost four years in Fokkers, Rumplers, and a bit of Pfalz rib work here in the Stuttgart area, and I'm looking forward to following your posts and perhaps helping out here and there.

Greetings from a once-again sunny Stuttgart :) (after the darkest winter in German weather history :()

Shirley Girard
Mudflap Aviation

Latest posts

Back