• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Haigh locking tailwheel to api tailwheel conversion Pitts s1s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tectweaker

Reaction score
Thinking about converting the haigh locking tailwheel to api on my s1s.

I have had api on most of my tailwheel airplanes and like them. Haigh has grown on me but thinking to make the change.

Here are some questions …

- rudder horn will need to be installed - does anybody have a source or premade one I can use ?

- I will need the tailwheel from api - I am thinking single fork 4 inch - should I go double fork?

- can I reuse rod that is haigh on right now or will I need to get a new rod/spring as well? New rod would likely need to be bent for the angle I presume. If new one is recommended then which source to buy from?

Latest posts

Back