• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Heavy Duty Aerobatic Engine Mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just finished the annual on my ASII, during which we replaced the Lord J-7401-1 engine mounts with the Aerobatic Engine mounts from Aircraft Spruce.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/heavydutydynafocal.php?clickkey=64213

We replaced the mounts because I wanted the engine to move around less and because I didn't know how old the current mounts were.

Anyway, the new mounts really stiffened up the engine. I could wiggle the engine around a little before and now I can barely move it. I did the operational check today, so it was the first run with the new mounts and I noticed that alot more of the engine's vibrations are being transmitted through the airplane. I expected some difference, but it was more than I thought it would be. Anytime my airplane behaves differently than it usually does, it makes me a little nervous.

Does anyone else use these mounts? Any problems with the extra vibration? I see a dynamic prop balance in my future.

Latest posts

Back