• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Hello & Acro Sport 2 introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redfire122

Reaction score
Hello, been a member for awhile & have found this forum to be my #1 go to source for information. Figured I should introduce myself & my recently acquired project.

I am David McEntire from just west of Indianapolis Indiana. Last August I picked up an AS2 less firewall forward. Originally it had a ford v6 but that proved problematic for the original owner. Purchased it for a incredible price less the engine. The airframe only has 21 hours on it.

So far I have rewired the aircraft from the battery to the bus. It did not have a master as all the electrons went through the ignition switch like a car. Am Currently overhauling a o-320 core that I had from another project. Recently received my case & internal parts back from Divco & Aircraft Specialties. Still need to purchase new cylinders, overhaul accessories & prop. Aside from the engine work it still needs a conical engine mount built and new engine cowl.

Picked this aircraft up as it should be something I can fly fairly soon. Was building an rv-8 but after evaluating work still needing to be completed and costs decided this would be faster to complete and a whole lot less money.

My day job is a mechanic for FedEx. (had not taken a lycoming apart in 30 years). I fly with the Civil Air Patrol primarily in there flight academy program for cadets both power & glider.

Hoping to have a boredom fighter and something to to search out the $100+ hamburger in.

IMG_0502.jpg

9D8F82AF-4EBA-4B58-80FF-200525C7CD83.jpg

C98ECCE0-B7B7-4614-AFB1-AA44783154F3.jpg

Latest posts

Back