• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Hello from another Canadian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhall999

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, my name is Ron, from way up north in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. I actually joined the forum a long time ago, but only made a few posts in a thread about a small radio control Starduster Too. I like to check in and see whats new every few days though.

I have been an aircraft maintenance engineer (canadian equivilant of an A&P/IA) for just over 10 years, and I have had my private pilots license now for 5 years.

As much as I would love to be flying around in a nice biplane, all I have right now is my Cessna 172. I bought the plans for the Starduster Too about 8 years ago, but life has gotten in the way of building it.....my oldest boy turned 7 over the weekend;).

So, for now, the good ole' 172 will have to do, and I will have to get my 'biplane kicks' through the rest of you, and my R/C stuff. At the moment I have a 1/5 scale Skybolt on the go. Last summer I had the priviledge of taking my younger boys (4 years old) for their very first airplane ride in my friends Cessna 150. (My oldest boy has flown a few times in the '172.)

cessna 172.jpg

Skyboltphoto.jpg

IMG_2611-001.jpg

IMG_2617-001.jpg

IMG_2633-001.jpg

Latest posts

Back