• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Henry Haigh tailwheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buck_justice

MikeH
Reaction score
My buddy has an S1C with a leaf spring and he is wanting to install a locking tailwheel. So I was browsing the net looking for such an animal (Which I could not find) and I come across an interview with Henry Haigh and his aerobatic exploits on avweb. Wow! very interesting read for sure, but one thing he said I thought was interesting.
"I switched to the monoplane because the Europeans kind of looked down on the biplanes. I will admit that the Pitts is so small and boxy that it's difficult to judge it. The biplanes outperformed anything out there, and still do, but when the Europeans went to the monoplanes it was hard to score well with a biplane. That's why I switched."
I think he made the point!
So it looks like my buddy is going to have to convert to a round stinger in order to utilize a locking tailwheel on his pitts. Does anyone here have any ideas? Or, where he can purchase a stinger and locking tailwheel? Thanks

Latest posts

Back