• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

HIO360 A1A first run (screwed my scale)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally ran the new(old) HIO360. Engine is fine as far as I can tell but I believe the previous owner messed-up the linkage on the servo. I could fudge the mixture/throttle and make it run but not right. I'm going to put the 320 servo on and see how it does and then send it to Airflow Performance.

I think I screwed my scale. I've used one scale effectively keeping it level with scale sized blocks. I reweighed the airplane with IO320 before the change and kept it level. New weight made sense within a couple pounds.

Left gear weight with the 360 made since about 10# more. When I weighed the right side I got an ERROR and found I had managed to get a short 1/2" block under the scale. While I can weigh myself and get the same every time, heavier weights seem all over the place. If I now believed it the plane lost 80#. Can't see anything bent...I even weighed the Spezio and it lost 50#. I better call my buddy with aircraft scales. I need to get this right as I'm building will a new mount.

Jack

Latest posts

Back