• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

How to stripe fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblackmastiff

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi guys.
What is the best way to tape off a tapered stripe on my fuselage?

I used a vinyl mask and later noticed the stripe wandered a bit. I’ve sanded it out and am nearly ready to repaint the stripe. I need to paint the stripe with the fuselage upright at this point. I’ve been experimenting with pulling a string tightly along the fuselage versus trying to get enough tension on the tape the keep it from sagging, etc.

Also, for lack of a better description, I have a little debate whether the shape of the fuselage results in a great circle vs rhumb line issue in determining how the stripe centerline should fall.

I’m guessing the answer is simple but I figure I might as well ask.

Thanks.
Dan

Latest posts

Back