• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

I know the answer is More Gas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acromaniac

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Aloha guys,

So I have about 80 flights and 50 something hours on my S1S and absolutely love it! I mostly fly sportsman level stuff with some int. level maneuvers thrown in, rolling turns, vertical rolls, pushing from inv, etc.

I did 10 hours total with steve wolf and ken erickson before getting in the S1 and feel confident with the safety aspects of flying it but precise acro is elusive.

My problem is that I am all alone here with no coaches or contests to attend for feedback. I fly high and basically just for the joy of it, but I wish that I could fly with more precision. I struggle with setting consistent vertical lines, hammer rotations, rolling due to gyro out of humptys, etc. Snaps either wallow around, or if I hit a good one the rotation before exit is pretty random:p.

I am not sure what I am looking for, is this normal at my experience level? Anybody got any advice besides Have fun / burn gas?:D

Latest posts

Back