• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

I'd Like to Move the Comm Antenna to the Belly....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My S-2A had the typical wire antenna on the top of the turtledeck for the comm radio.

Canopy vs Antenna.JPG

But it did not make the airplane look better, and since I refuse to mount the GPS antenna there, why not get the other eyesore off the T-deck while we're at it? I'd like to consider moving it to the belly now that we have sheet metal panels all the way back to the lower rear wing fitting. When you mounted the old wire antennas down there in the past on an S-1, function seemed suffer. I'm thinking there may be some more modern certified antenna that would be happy down there, not drag on the ground, etc. The transponder antenna will end up down there somewhere too. This antenna would see normal exhaust products but there's no smoke system to make it even worse.

Suggestions please......

Latest posts

Back