• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Identify engine case and thru stud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrnflier

Reaction score
I have a Christen Eagle II in my shop that the logs say has a Lycoming IO-360-A1A installed with a Christen inverted system.

The engine had a broken top mid case bearing thru stud. I removed cylinder 2 being easier to extract the stud. I found if I double nutted it I could thread the stud about 3/8" before it would tighten.

I pulled cylinder 3 and was able to thread out the stud towards the right hand side. The stud is not the normal 76220 thru stud. It has secondary threads on the right side that actually threads into the right case half.

I have serviced this series of engine before and this is the first one with this kind of stud and tapped case.

Can anyone shine any light on what I have and where a replacement stud may be purchased.

Thanks,

Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Latest posts

Back