• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Insurance for those new to biplanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am sorry, in browsing the forums, I came across a gentleman, ATP with hundreds of hours of tailwheel time asking about insurance. for an S1C he is buying.. I can no longer find that post. Hopefully he will find this post.

I am very new to tailwheel flying and biplane flying both... I bought a Baby Great Lakes a year ago last fall... The insurance agent I had my Cherokee 180 insured with worked with me to get me insured.... My policy would not take effect until I had 15 hours in the plane, so, I had to wing it for that time...

They insured me full coverage on a airframe value of 20,000.00 and did so for 1500 per year... I felt lucky to find anyone to insure me. I think anyone with more experience would be a piece of cake... They worked with the various underwriters they use to come up with a plan for me. I am so grateful to them.
My agent is Kimmel insurance.... I hope it's ok to post their contact information here.

Valerie Cantwell, Aviation Insurance Agent -
Kimmel Aviation Insurance Agency, Inc.
442 Airport Road, Greenwood, MS 38930
CA Agency Lic. No.: 0F22443
Phone: (800) 647-9397 / Direct: (317) 815-9000
Fax: (662) 455-1611

Latest posts

Back