• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

intercom woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a one seat so no issues but I fly a lot with my buddy in his luscombe. He has an old Sporty's hand held with an external antenna. I did a direct hookup Saturday and radio checks came back loud and clear. The Sigtronics intercom is the problem. He has sent it to the factory and it was given a clean bill of health. This Saturday I could hear him but he could not hear me. Switched headsets, Squelch, everything. It has been a pain for 6 plus years. He is an accountant not a gear head so I am taking this on. So the question: Why an intercom. Is there a way to wire to have a PTT to take the place of the intercom? What is so hard about pushing a button? I could do an internet search and get ran around for an hour. So if some told me it is doable I am willing to search. But if someone has a wiring diagram that would really be cool.

will

Latest posts

Back