• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Interested in a Lyc O-360 case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

an8pilot

Mike
Reaction score
In Classifieds

Not in a hurry but am interested in a Lyc O-360 parallel valve case.

I have a O-360-A4A crankshaft.

This is a solid crank shaft.

I don't necessarily want a solid crankshaft meaning the front main journal shaft where oil would pass through to a constant speed prop i.e. the cross section of the main forward nose of the shaft is solid.

It may be better for aerobatics swinging a fixed pitch prop around gyroscopically, and help with weight and balance if the airplane or driver is heavier in the rear.

The airplane I would be putting it in is certified and needs to be heavier in the rear. To the point of moving the battery back from the firewall to the tail.

The O-360-A4A configuration is going into a 1959 Square Tail Fastback C-150
with re-arced taller gear ala the original Jim Somerset / ACT Texas Taildragger STC kit with long range fuel.

So I am looking over time to start putting an engine together starting with this standard journal crank and need the case.

Or trade cranks for a hollow shaft. Haha still need the case.

May be interested in some chromed cylinders for it too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back